Re: My Game

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Steve Baker wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:

>> I don't have any OpenGL at all configured right now (it's such a PITA to
>> get something hardwareish to work),
>
>I havn't tried installing Mesa recently - but the latest rev of the nVidia
>drivers went in with no problem at all - just two 'rpm' commands and a reboot.
>*FINALLY*, this is becoming an easy process.

Assuming you have an nVidia graphics card, that is. I'm stuck with an
assorted range of Matrox cards, all the way from Millennium 1 to G450.
Good 2D cards though. A few years ago I'd have loved to tweak and hack to
get it to work, but nowadays I just don't have the energy anymore. If the
developer him-/herself doesn't have time to tweak 3D to work, how will the
intended audience?

>> <realitycheck>
>> Nobody should be offended by basic nudity. All this weird
>> political correctness is just some US bullsh*t (just as marvels such as
>> the DMCA). Don't allow lobbying and religion in politics...
>> </realitycheck>
>
>Offended - no - but a warning for those of us with young children is definitely
>appreciated.  I'd still like to see a voluntary version of the ESRB ratings
>that could be applied to OpenSource games.

Well, the weird US ideas about nudity (and normal sex) being so morally
bad is part of the many problems over there. There's nothing unnatural
about it, and children need not be "protected" from normal nudity. Saves
them from having to rape someone later too see what the opposite sex looks
like under the clothes. Hardcore porn is another issue, but then, it does
not portrait "normal" sex either.

Anyway, this issue is better discussed somewhere else, not here.

--

                        "Bingeley bingeley beep!"
               -- The Personal Disorganizer, Terry Pratchett in Feet of Clay