Re: RFC - first batch of OGRE images

> Hi,
>     The first set of rough images is now up at
>
> http://www.starforge.co.uk/ogre/
>
> When you go there, you will be asked for a username and password, the
> details are:
>
> Username: ogre
> Password: Tr00l        (note those are zeros, not capital 'o's)
>
> Comments and suggestions please! :)
>
> Chris

<snip>

Looks pretty good, but how would developers know which rating they can
stick on their webpages? There was a post suggesting a bunch of checkboxes
to describe content and the output was generated? but what one person might
consider violent, another does not? is 'super mario' violent? some plumber
is jumping on people heads and punching things...

Maybe we should have a centralized rating server with cgi's where end users
can rate games, and the statistics of those go towards actually generating the
ratings and 'levels'? Movies have groups of people who actually get paid to
rate movies, we don't have the benefit of "experts" to do that for us. If the
ratings are done by the developers, we might see some huge variance in what's
considered ok and not ok, and that kinda blows the credibility.

Does 'Adult' on the bar thing mean sexual content? that's unclear :) Is it a
general catch-22 rating? I'm sure some parents would be unhappy with alcohol
and drug use in games that their kids play, maybe a key for parents could be
presented somewhere in plain dull boring text that kids'll skip?

that's all other stuff, tho, you're just looking for comment on the pictures :)
I think the picture are pretty good, are the edges alpha'd? I think the
edges/corners and shadow should be alpha'd so they look good on any color
webpage :)

        -Erik <erik@smluc.org> [http://math.smsu.edu/~erik]

The opinions expressed by me are not necessarily opinions. In all probability,
they are random rambling, and to be ignored. Failure to ignore may result in
severe boredom or confusion. Shake well before opening. Keep Refrigerated.