Re: Comments on 'A call for a vote on the Rating System.'

On Sunday 16 September 2001 04:20, Erik Greenwald wrote:

> > Please don't attach discussions or complaints to this thread because
> > it makes it harder to count the votes.
>
> maybe we should use the lgdc poll mechanism, that'll allow automatic
> tallying and privacy. Might also be possible for us to vote per
> article, with yes/no/abstain?

I don't think that would work. That would require the possibility to
attach a poll to an article. Otherwise it's just too confusing. Perhaps
I'll add that in the future (might be useful), but right now it's not
possible (and I have no clear idea on how to do it best).

--
Christian Reiniger
LGDC Webmaster (http://lgdc.sunsite.dk/)

What luck for the rulers that men do not think.

- Adolf Hitler

Note: This quote is not meant to be offensive, it is meant to make
people think, to let them learn from history (which especially
includes learning from the unpleasant facts). I'm sure that discussing
this quote in school would decrease the number of "new" nazis appearing
everywhere, if only by a little bit. That's why I will not remove it.