Re: My adventure game engine

Dmitry Samoyloff wrote:

>>I don't like games that require you to download/install a
>>great deal of libraries just to play it. So I would seriously
>>think about trying a game that requires GTK.
>>

> AFAIK _every_ distro includes GTK.

Except that not every linux user uses a standard distro, not every user who
does installs any GTK stuff and even if they do it may be out of date.

Unfortunately this is a fairly no-win situation: some people will complain
about having to download various libraries, some people will complain if you
stick all the required libraries in your distribution archive. Some people
will complain about the libraries you've chosen, some people will complain
that you've not used libraries enough. Some people will already have the
libraries, some wont, and some wont even install them. You can't win
whichever way, so IMO it's better to just stick to the way you'd prefer to
do it and hope you can find a happy medium, or a least a jolly psychic....

Linux needs games. If we bent over backwards to satisfy everyone out there
we would never actually get anything of value finished. It's better to have
the complains and a finshed product than spend half your time getting
ulscers from the vocal minority..

Chris
--
=[     Explorer2260, Designer and Coder     \=\ P: TexMaker, ROACH, site \