Drawing engine recommendations?

To get away from the blender battle for a moment...

I have been working on an engine for a few titles that I would like to write. I have been trying, where possible, to use existing open-source libraries rather than trying writing everything from scratch myself. For the rendering system I have been using the CgFX libraries from nVidia (see http://www.cgshaders.org/). However these are not open-sourced, and nVidia has been taking a long time getting Linux binaries released.

Does anyone know of an open-sourced shader system with similar capabilities? I would be willing to accept a certain amount of game engine overhead, but I not looking for a full-blown engine. I would willing to devote a fair amount of time to such a project, since it would save me the effort of starting one myself.

Thanks!

Jason
379