Re: Paint program?

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 madsdyd@challenge.dk wrote:

>Hi
>
>In ligth of the recent discussion of GIMP as an image manipulation
>program, can anyone recommend a good general purpose paint program?`I see
>people recomming old Amiga titles I have never heard of, but I am looking
>for a native (OSS) Linux solution.

Many people that do sprite graphics seem to love the old Amiga Deluxe
Paint and its sequels. I know that DP isn't really a valid choice for 99%
of people today. :) Personally I prefer good old xpaint. I have yet to
find a simple, fast and reasonably stable program for Linux that is
oriented towards pixel manipulation of small images/sprites (smaller than,
say, 50x50).

--

             Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off.
                                              -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods