Re: non-SMTP uses (was: Thoughts on MixMinion archives)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002, Zooko wrote:

> I'm "chiming in" here...

[...]

> So it's important to me not only because, as Nick writes, it makes it easier
> to analyze the security of the "Mix Core" without interference from anything
> involving SMTP, but also because I want to actually use it for non-SMTP
> purposes and I really don't want the SMTP usage cluttering up the interface,
> slowing down the development, causing bugs, and so forth, in the "Mix Core"
> module.

I'll chime as well about this and the license points.

Simply, my concern is not with the MixMinion application -- if you want to
break it into little mini-apps that each handle a different part, that's
none of my business. What I am concerned about is that the Type III
protocol gets designed in a way that is beneficial the anonymous remailer
network.

Regarding the license: again, it's not my business what license MixMinion
is released under. I am strongly against the GPL, and I think the AGPL is
even worse -- but that's why I'll be releasing Mixmaster 4.0 under a less
restrictive license. :)

--Len.