When security update needs a reboot...

Hi all.
I'm new to the world of mixminion servers, as you know.
I have a question that make me crazy:
my mixminion runs on a debian linux box that needs a reboot when there
is a kernel security update downloaded through the apt tool. Are there
problems for the minion net if i reboot the system when the mixminion
server is running and probably receiving/sending packets? If yes, how
can i reboot without cause (or to reduce) problems to the net?

Thanks,
Stefano alias ZeNo - Italy