Re: When security update needs a reboot...

On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 09:52:40PM +0100, ZeNo wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm new to the world of mixminion servers, as you know.
> I have a question that make me crazy:
> my mixminion runs on a debian linux box that needs a reboot when there
> is a kernel security update downloaded through the apt tool. Are there
> problems for the minion net if i reboot the system when the mixminion
> server is running and probably receiving/sending packets? If yes, how
> can i reboot without cause (or to reduce) problems to the net?

There's no problem; just reboot and make sure Mixminion gets restarted
when the computer starts up again.

(Mixminion servers don't delete packets until the next server in line
has acknowledged receipt, and the next server in line doesn't
acknowledge receipt until it has written the packet to disk so it
won't be lost.)

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson