random link padding and dummy messages

- Right now, we never generate link padding or dummy messages.  The code is
  there, but it never gets triggered.  Specify when it gets triggered (and
  justify why this improves anonymity).  (Spec difficulty: ????.
  Implementation difficulty: easy once you know how.  Invasiveness: some.)

When I was looking at this I thought that if the servers knew about the
average/max/min/iqr of the data that it saw creating cover traffic would
be easier. That is that you could flatten out the distribution manually.
Are there anonymity reasons why keeping tabs on data transmitted would
be a bad thing? A best case situation would be to keep track of the
statistics per server but something inside of me thinks that there might
be problems with this.

--
Douglas F. Calvert
http://anize.org/dfc/