Re: mixmaster delivery?

On Wed, 2004-02-04 at 21:16, Nick Mathewson wrote:
<SNIPPED>
Thanks for the help...

> > And finally I am beginning to write a paper that has something to do
> > with the economics/costs of anonymous mail/traffic. Exactly what I am
> > not sure yet. What is the best forum to ask for input? Here? Mixmaster
> > devel? Or some other list? I need to write/research a topic for a
> > telecomm class and do a economic/cost/game theoretic modeling of some
> > aspect of communication. I was interested in the recent traffic analysis
> > papers and think I am going to do something along those lines. Are there
> > any open questions right now that I might be able to look into and aid
> > the community?
>
> Not sure what here; others may know more.  You should at least read
> http://freehaven.net/anonbib/#econymics ("On the Economics of
> Anonymity").  I'm not entirely sure how you would link traffic analysis
> to economic methods, but I'd be keen to see it done. :)

I my interest was perked when I was reading the n-1 attack paper by
Sassaman. The authors mention the costs associated with drop messages or
cover traffic. I am wondering if there are some interesting questions
deciding on an acceptable level of cover traffic and the costs and
benefits associated with it. I am also interested in reputation system
issues. My topic is still very much up in the air. If there are any
research questions that you as a developer of mixminion are interested
in please let me know. My assignment is very flexible...

--
Douglas F. Calvert
http://anize.org/dfc/