Re: C/C++ MixMinion development

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, George Danezis wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have a volunteer here that wants to spend 3-4 months full time,
> programming for the Computer Security Group. He has experience in C/C++ so
> I thought that producing a second independent implementation of the
> "MixMinion" server would be both useful in itself and in testing the
> independent implementability of the specs.

I agree with this. Would anyone object if we had your volunteer work on
the Mixmaster implimentation of the Mixminion protocol? Since that has to
be written in C, and will be server-only, it makes sense to me.

I posted a roadmap for where I see Mixmaster going earlier. Specifically,
this would be the implimentation that Type II and Type III only, is a pure
server, and uses the same commandline UI as Mixmaster 2.9 to make the
transition of operating remailers as smooth as possible.

> I will personally be off email from the 14th July to the 5-6th August,
> since I am going on my summer tour of duty in Europe
> (Geneva-Strasbourg(d-sec)-Brussels). If there are any "hot" issues around
> MixMinion I would like to have them sorted by then.

Have fun!

--Len.