New SMTP/POP3 Anonymizing proxy scripts

Dear Friends,

I have written some python scripts that allow you to use mixminion with your
favorite mail client. The scripts act as a local SMTP server that anonymizes
everything that is sent through it (simply set your outgoing SMTP server to
127.0.0.1 port 20025). Additionally a SURB is included in each outgoing
message so that recipients can respond to your messages.

Furthermore you can fetch and automatically decode anonymous messages stored
on an IMAP account. These can again be easily accessed through a local POP3
server on port 20110). Decoding of messages, and handling of SURBs is taken
care of automatically. You can even reply to anonymous messages containing
SURBs seamlessly.

I have tested the scripts with mozilla, thunderbird and outlook express.
Please have a play with them and let me know how you find them. In particular:
do people think this is a good way of deploying mixminion to 'the masses'
(other options might include custom mail clients, and/or client plug-ins -- I
am looking for someone that knows how to write these for thunderbird).

The code can be found at:
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/users/gd216/minionProxy.zip
and it requires the latest mixminion distribution to be on the path + python
2.3 (actually a high version of 2.2 will do I think). It works with cygwin,
but not with native windows (popen does not accept a list of arguments, and
Nick has told me off for using the insecure string argument -- I am not sure
what to do about this).

I hope you find this useful,

George