Re: Notes from Conversation with Roger

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 01:26:40PM -0800, Zooko wrote:
> Did they give you an impression of the size of the current user base?  Maybe
> David has an estimate?

The most you're going to get from Lucky is
http://www.der-keiler.de/Mailing-Lists/Cypherpunks/2001-12/0724.html

A typical remailer node sees 3k to 4k messages a day. He believes
(but can't support) that no more than a few hundred of them are actual
messages. The rest are pings, dummies, etc.

David may be able to tell us how many active nyms the lcs nymserver
has these days. Noise told me that only one nym is still active in the
cypherpunk community. (I'm not sure how these two perspectives should
differ.)

Also, you should remember the distinction between type i remailers
(cypherpunk remailers -- they don't drop replays, etc) and type ii
remailers (mixmaster). I don't know how many people use which.

--Roger