Re: testing server

Bruce E. Harris wrote:
Hi,

I have misminion .0.0.7.1 installed and working in client mode just fine.
I would like to test the server before publishing it. How can I do that?

TIA

BRuce
Hi Bruce
You can try this:

copy the ServerDesc file from your mixminion server keys directory to you mixminion client.

import the ServerDesc in the client directory file with:
mixminion import-server ServerDesc

you can now use your client to test the server like this:
echo test | mixminion send -t smtp:you.smtp.address@xxxxxxxxxx -P mixmionion-hostname-of-you-server,xbox,laforge

if you have enabled smtp-relay on your mixminion server. You should then get an email in some hours if the server works. You have to specify your server as the first one as the other servers don't know anything about it yet.

--
Simon Østengaard
GCUX, LPIC-2

 It is a book about a Spanish guy called Manual. You should read it.
       -- Dilbert