Re: K-of-N information dispersal for Mixmaster

On Wed, 21 Aug 2002, George Danezis wrote:

> The issue of how large messages are to be split, and how to make copies of
> messages for reliability reasons, is worth standardizing. Of course it is
> not a matter of concern for the mix nodes and therefore including it in
> the minion-spec would not be appropriate.

This is not true. The exit node must reassemble large messages that have
been split, and deliver the original message. (We don't want
non-anonymous recipients to be required to have any special
software.)

Therefore, this is a concern for the nodes, and should be defined in the
minion-spec.

--Len.