[tor-announce] [RELEASE] 0.4.5.15 and 0.4.7.12

Greetings,

We just released two stable releases:
https://forum.torproject.net/t/stable-release-0-4-5-15-and-0-4-7-12/5800

The ChangeLog for both is attached below.

Cheers!
David

Changes in version 0.4.7.12 - 2022-12-06
  This version contains a major change that is a new key for moria1. Also, new
  metrics are exported on the MetricsPort for the congestion control
  subsystem.

  o Directory authority changes (moria1):
    - Rotate the relay identity key and v3 identity key for moria1. They
      have been online for more than a decade and refreshing keys
      periodically is good practice. Advertise new ports too, to avoid
      confusion. Closes ticket 40722.

  o Minor feature (Congestion control metrics):
    - Add additional metricsport relay metrics for congestion control.
      Closes ticket 40724.

  o Minor features (fallbackdir):
    - Regenerate fallback directories generated on December 06, 2022.

  o Minor features (geoip data):
    - Update the geoip files to match the IPFire Location Database, as
      retrieved on 2022/12/06.

  o Minor bugfixes (cpuworker, relay):
    - Fix an off by one overload calculation on the number of CPUs being
      used by our thread pool. Fixes bug 40719; bugfix on 0.3.5.1-alpha.

Changes in version 0.4.5.15 - 2022-12-06
  This version has several major changes for directory authorities. And a
  major bugfix on OSX. Again, we strongly recommend to upgrade to our 0.4.7.x
  series latest stable. This series is EOL on February 15th, 2023.

  o Directory authority changes (dizum):
    - Change dizum IP address. Closes ticket 40687.

  o Directory authority changes (Faravahar):
    - Remove Faravahar until its operator, Sina, set it back up online
      outside of Team Cymru network. Closes ticket 40688.

  o Directory authority changes (moria1):
    - Rotate the relay identity key and v3 identity key for moria1. They
      have been online for more than a decade and refreshing keys
      periodically is good practice. Advertise new ports too, to avoid
      confusion. Closes ticket 40722.

  o Major bugfixes (OSX):
    - Fix coarse-time computation on Apple platforms (like Mac M1) where
      the Mach absolute time ticks do not correspond directly to
      nanoseconds. Previously, we computed our shift value wrong, which
      led us to give incorrect timing results. Fixes bug 40684; bugfix
      on 0.3.3.1-alpha.

  o Major bugfixes (relay):
    - Improve security of our DNS cache by randomly clipping the TTL
      value. TROVE-2021-009. Fixes bug 40674; bugfix on 0.3.5.1-alpha.

--
sSW4eiPIDeZwMMhfPCejDwsC8ypVacQQywYo36Dgc4w=