[tor-announce] [RELEASE] Tor 0.4.5.12 and 0.4.6.10

Greetings,

We just released 0.4.5.12 and 0.4.6.10:
https://forum.torproject.net/t/release-0-4-5-12-and-0-4-6-10/2024

Changelog below.

Cheers!
David

Changes in version 0.4.5.12 - 2022-02-04
  This version contains mostly minor bugfixes for which you can find the
  details below. The previous release (0.4.5.11) was suppose to update the
  GeoIP and fallbackdir lists but a problem in our release pipeline prevented
  those files to be updated correctly. Thus, this release regenerates up to
  date lists. Furthermore, another fix to highlight is that relays don't
  advertise onion service v2 support at the protocol version level.

  o Minor feature (reproducible build):
    - The repository can now build reproducible tarballs which adds the
      build command "make dist-reprod" for that purpose. Closes
      ticket 26299.

  o Minor features (compilation):
    - Give an error message if trying to build with a version of
      LibreSSL known not to work with Tor. (There's an incompatibility
      with LibreSSL versions 3.2.1 through 3.4.0 inclusive because of
      their incompatibility with OpenSSL 1.1.1's TLSv1.3 APIs.) Closes
      ticket 40511.

  o Minor features (fallbackdir):
    - Regenerate fallback directories generated on February 04, 2022.

  o Minor features (geoip data):
    - Update the geoip files to match the IPFire Location Database, as
      retrieved on 2022/02/04.

  o Minor bugfix (logging):
    - Update a log notice dead URL to a working one. Fixes bug 40544;
      bugfix on 0.3.5.1-alpha.

  o Minor bugfix (relay):
    - Remove the HSDir and HSIntro onion service v2 protocol versions so
      relay stop advertising that they support them. Fixes bug 40509;
      bugfix on 0.3.5.17.

  o Minor bugfixes (compilation):
    - Fix a compilation error when trying to build Tor with a compiler
      that does not support expanding statitically initialized const
      values in macro's. Fixes bug 40410; bugfix on 0.4.5.1-alpha
    - Fix our configuration logic to detect whether we had OpenSSL 3:
      previously, our logic was reversed. This has no other effect than
      to change whether we suppress deprecated API warnings. Fixes bug
      40429; bugfix on 0.3.5.13.

  o Minor bugfixes (MetricsPort, Prometheus):
    - Add double quotes to the label values of the onion service
      metrics. Fixes bug 40552; bugfix on 0.4.5.1-alpha.

  o Minor bugfixes (relay):
    - Reject IPv6-only DirPorts. Our reachability self-test forces
      DirPorts to be IPv4, but our configuration parser allowed them to
      be IPv6-only, which led to an assertion failure. Fixes bug 40494;
      bugfix on 0.4.5.1-alpha.

Changes in version 0.4.6.10 - 2022-02-04
  This version contains minor bugfixes but one in particular is that relays

--
CqvhezRRA7YQ69pWBQW0JgqXqRwwcdWriEpwTbfRbU4=