Re: [tor-dev] Moving our website to git and splitting it in two

On Domingo, 7 de abril de 2013 20:07:33 Runa A. Sandvik wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 4:00 PM, Noel David Torres Taño
>
> <envite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I would like to have a word about translating the webpages too.
>
> We decided to drop website translations a year and a half ago:
> https://blog.torproject.org/blog/whither-website-translations

I understand the reasons mentioned there, but maybe a different approach can
be used now that we have paid people for translations (and support). A tiered
method may help working like this:

* 1 Translations coordinator, running a git clone for translations revision
and with permissions to merge into the main webserver git
* 5 Translations managers, one per language, each running a git clone of the
previous clone, maybe with permissions to merge into it (this may be a
Translations coordinator task too).
* Lot of Volunteer translators, each working in his native language and own
git clone of the clone of the clone, sending updates to the corresponding
Translations Manager

Of course it is not up to me to decide, but to propose.

Regards
Noel
er Envite