Re: [tor-dev] GSoC Proposal: Relay Web Status Dashboard

On 4/1/14, 10:56 AM, Damian Johnson wrote:
Also, while snooping around the dev version of Arm, I've noticed a slight
glitch in the _get_controller method of __init__.py in arm.util :

   if not stem.util.system.is_running('tor.real'):

     raise ValueError(msg('connect.tor_isnt_running'))

(I'm running on osx) My tor process is named tor.real instead, hence, this
raises an error stating that tor isn't running although it is.

changing it to

  if not stem.util.system.is_running('tor.real'):

solves this problem. Is this an issue (because I'm not using a linux dist of
Tor) or am I doing something wrong on my end?

Interesting. Any idea why your tor process is being called 'tor.real'?
Is this something OSX related or is TBB naming its process that?

In TBB 3.6b1 on Mac OS, tor has been renamed to tor.real and tor is a shell script that execs tor.real. See:
  https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10030#comment:20

--
Mark Smith
Pearl Crescent