Tor performance much improved in cvs

Hi folks,

We've been neglecting performance lately, and it shows, especially
on servers. Part of our goals for the next release will be to
streamline things and reduce cpu load. I've done the first step of
that in cvs now. So if you're unhappy with the cpu use of your Tor
server, give the code in cvs a try.

Instructions are here to do a checkout via pserver:
http://tor.eff.org/developers.html
After that, run ./autogen.sh and then continue like normal.

(Also, if you're unhappy with your cpu usage, make sure you're logging at
the default (loglevel notice) -- anything noisier than that can seriously
bog you down when you're processing a lot of stuff.)

--Roger