Re: Win32 I/O completion ports code release

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 08:27:41PM +0000, Toby Douglass wrote:
 [...]
> >You forgot to mention the license though :) BSD?
>
> No license.  Use as you wish.  Make money from it if you can :-)

(I'm not a lawyer, but...)

Actually, you probably *do* want to license it.  Licenses are just a
formal way to grant permission for other people to use your
copyrighted works: without a license, I'm on shaky legal ground if I
redistribute or derive from your code.

Arguably, "Use as you wish" *is* a license, but a vague one that
lawyers would probably tell us to stay away from.

The easiest way to make your code usable by others is to pick a very
unrestricted license (like the 3-clause BSD license or the X11
license) and attach it with your code.

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson