Re: how to checkout current stable branch

On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Bernd Kreuss <prof7bit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is probably a stupid question but how do I checkout the 0.2.1
> branch from git? With svn I knew how to do such things but I don't get
> how this git thing is meant to be used.
>
> I have successfully checked out the master branch via git clone
> git://git.torproject.org/tor.git and can compile it but what is the URL
> for the 0.2.1 branch? I can't find any instructions about this.

% git branch -a

will list all the heads. I think that you want

% git checkout -b 0.2.1 remotes/origin/maint-0.2.1

That will create a new local branch pointing to
remotes/origin/maint-0.2.1 and switch to it.

AGL

--
Adam Langley agl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.imperialviolet.org