Re: [tor-dev] Proposal: Stop giving Exit flags when only unencrypted traffic can exit

Tom, to ensure I understand you clearly, is your argument that relays that export only unencrypted shouldn't get the Exit Flag because insecure/unecrypted traffic "isn't what Tor is intended for?" I want to be sure that I'm fully understanding your proposal.

-V
On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 at 17:57 Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/05/2016 01:29 AM, Tom van der Woerdt wrote:
>Â Âcommunities on the internet. Other popular ports have been considered,
>Â Âsuch as 22 (SSH), 465 (SMTP), or 995 (POP3), but these are unlikely to be good
>Â Âcandidates because of wide spread bruteforce attacks on these ports.

Just as a data point, I don't see much scanning/abuse regarding SMTPS
(465) or IMAPS (993).

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/