Re: [tor-dev] Unused -v and -F options in torperf/trivsocks-client?

Hi David,

On 7/28/11 3:33 PM, David Fifield wrote:
> Running "make" in torperf, I get errors about unused variables:
>
> $ make
> gcc -Wall -Werror -ggdb -c trivsocks-client.c
> trivsocks-client.c: In function âmainâ:
> trivsocks-client.c:452:51: error: variable âforceâ set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
> trivsocks-client.c:452:21: error: variable âisVerboseâ set but not used [-Werror=unused-but-set-variable]
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
>
> make: *** [trivsocks-client.o] Error 1
>
> The variables have to do with the -v and -F options, which appear not to
> do anything. This patch removes the options, but is it intentional?

Hmm, for some reason I don't get those errors (or warnings) about unused
variables.  But I think you're right in that these variables can go away.

This is Steven's code, so I'd like to hear his opinion before applying
the patch.  Steven?

Best,
Karsten