Re: [tor-dev] Stem Descriptor Parsers

On 7/6/12 4:10 AM, Karsten Loesing wrote:
On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:25 AM, Norman Danner <ndanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Do I understand Onionoo correctly to be basically a small webservice that
returns a JSON formatted description of data read from a file based on the
HTTP request parameters, along with a program that presumably runs with some
frequency to create that file?

Yes, that pretty much describes it.

It seems that at least porting the
webservice side to a Django webapp might be a reasonable project for the
rest of our summer.

Sounds great!

OK; Megan and Erik, after you incorporate the export function into Descriptor in stem, please start reading through the Django tutorial.

We'll start working out milestones on Monday (I'm away until Monday morning, but I'll probably have occasional e-mail access); Sathyanarayanan, you should probably chime in too.

Would it be possible for the Django webapp to offer the same protocol
(as in, GET requests) as the current Java servlet?

From what I remember of Django, I don't think this will be a problem.

	- Norman

--
Norman Danner - ndanner@xxxxxxxxxxxx - http://ndanner.web.wesleyan.edu
 Department of Mathematics and Computer Science - Wesleyan University