Re: A couple of Git ideas: new branches, easier changelogs

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Nick Mathewson <nickm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here are some options:
> Â D) Like C, except recognizing that some commits don't warrant
> independent changelog entries... so we add a way to annotate commits
> (e.g., with a footer line) to say "This doesn't go in the changelog!"
> or "This goes in the changelog in the new features section!" ÂOnly
> unannotated commits would need to get manually triaged. ÂWe'd want a
> little script to massage the git log into a draft changelog.

This option makes sense to me - though I'm not a tor hacker (yet).
Using the git commit message as the ChangeLog (and writing them to be
succinct and readable) has been wonderful in several projects on which
I work.  We tag most of our commits with [topic] at the start of the
first msg line; could maybe use that for the non-ChangeLog-worthy
commits.

Gabriel