[tor-dev] Novel distribution mechanisms (was: "s3 alternatives" on libtech)

Nathan of Guardian wrote:
> Github? Maybe not whole sites, but specific files.

  I've been working with users who have networks in censored countries
to expand access to specific software bundles (not just Tor).  My two
approaches right now are Google Web Store and torrents attached to a
stable offsite seedbox.  Both are fairly accessible, but both have
pros/cons.  With torrents, someone can sit as a seeder and try to tally
information on downloaders. Google Web Store downloads are tracked in
unknown (legally requestable?) ways by Google and of course it requires
downloading/installing Google Chrome to gain access.[1]

  It's not perfect, but at least for the user groups I talk to, they are
realistic solutions to a really tricky problem.

~Griffin

[0] cross-posted upon recommendation of David Fifield
[1] most users can't figure out how to download extensions manually