Re: [tor-dev] Novel distribution mechanisms (was: "s3 alternatives" on libtech)

David Fifield wrote:
> GitHub is how Chinese users download GoAgent. It's a little weird, but
> they keep the binary right there in their source tree (goagent.exe).
> 	https://github.com/goagent/goagent/tree/3.0/local
> GitHub is great because it's HTTPS only, projects are subdirectories
> rather than subdomains (so no DNS poisoning), and it's important
> infrastructure that's difficult to block.
>
> David Fifield

  It would also be fairly trivial to create and maintain a repo just for
newest TBB release and signatures.  Not the fastest thing to `git clone`
as a dev, but makes it possible for a user to visit the page and
download a zip file for their language and the signature to verify it.

  Of course, if every project did this, it would change the equation a
bit for censors, but we won't know until we try ;-)

~Griffin

[0] this is a project that is *so* easy that someone could just go ahead
and do it, but of course it's far better to have an official repo