Re: Tor 0.0.9pre5 is out

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 03:45:55PM -0600, Andre Eisenbach wrote:
 [...]
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> >     bandwidth used, etc. The next step is to get some GUIs working.
> >     Let us know if you want to help out. See doc/control-spec.txt .
>
> I would like to create a control script in PHP (web based). However, I
> couldn't find doc/control-spec.txt in the tar ball...

oops, looks like it didn't go in.  I'll make sure it shows up in the
next release.  In the meantime, you can find the latest version at:

  http://freehaven.net/tor/cvs/doc/control-spec.txt

> Maybe I'll even do a KDE app, but don't nail me on that one yet.
>
> >   - Ship a contrib/tor-control.py as an example script to interact
> >     with the control port.
>
> Which port is the control port?

Whichever one you configure as the control port; none by default.
This will be documented better in the next release.  For now, you can
set it with the ControlPort option.

HTH,
--
Nick Mathewson