Re: [tor-dev] What happened to Tor Router?

SiNA Rabbani:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to update myself on the status of Tor Router. I remember not
> too long ago it was a sexy project, funds were raised and people got paid
> to work on it. Has it been abandoned? How come we still don't have a Tor
> hardware router?

Hi SiNA,

There is a hardware device where we have focused efforts and we're
having internal discussions about how to proceed. This has been a
skunkswork project and it is unfunded - the hardware platform we've
selected is as open as it gets without being a MilkyMist, which would be
ideal (FPGA CPU, etc) but is sadly impractical.

We don't have a Tor Router hardware deployment for a few reasons. Off
the top of my head: we would want to raise funds to support Tor Router
specific development, user support, tooling for hardware production and
then ongoing costs related to the project.

All the best,
Jake