Re: [tor-dev] What happened to Tor Router?

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) wrote:
> I mean supporting many hardware devices, rather than going with a custom
> hardware?

Hey Naif,

  Access Labs' openwrt-based torouter firmware is still the best and
most stable.  It worked pretty well for me back in August on a TP-Link
N750, and earlier on a Buffalo router, so it's worth looking at.  PORTAL
is also a cool project, but tbh I don't know much about it.

  This is the sort of project that someone should pitch to RFA when the
next Open Tech Fund round opens in January.  In my mind, the ability to
make your own torouter out of inexpensive (and ubiquitous) routers
somewhat trumps having open-hardware torouters available for purchase.
But all work in this area is a true labor of love, and it makes sense
for people to pool their efforts where they feel the greatest impact can
be made.

~Griffin

(unsurprisingly, I speak only for myself and not my employer)

--
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

PGP: 0xD9D4CADEE3B67E7AB2C05717E331FD29AE792C97
OTR: saint@xxxxxxxxxxxxx