Re: [or-cvs] r11855: let bridge authorities write bridge descriptors to their cac (tor/trunk/src/or)

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 07:11:53PM -0400, arma@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Author: arma
> Date: 2007-10-10 19:11:53 -0400 (Wed, 10 Oct 2007)
> New Revision: 11855
>
> Modified:
>    tor/trunk/src/or/dirserv.c
>    tor/trunk/src/or/routerlist.c
> Log:
> let bridge authorities write bridge descriptors to their
> cached-descriptors* files.
>
> nick, did i get this right?

This looks fine to me, except for two points:

  1) Your patch removes an assert from dirserv.c, in
     dirserv_add_multiple_descriptors().  It's checking for
     correctness in some fairly complicated code, so I'm putting it
     back in.

  2) The patch also changes the behavior of descriptors added via the
     control interface: previously, they were cached or not cached
     depending on their purpose.  Now, they're all cached.

     For compatibility, it's probably better to have the controller
     POSTDESC command take a cache=0/1 argument, and have the defaults
     mirror the old behavior.

--
Nick Mathewson