Re: Proposal: Network status entries need a new Unnamed flag

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 04:55:40PM +0200, Peter Palfrader wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007, Roger Dingledine wrote:
>
> > (This whole proposal is meant only for v3 dir flags; we shouldn't try
> > to backport it to the v2 dir world.)
>
> Can we still list the unnamed routers in the v2 status, even without an
> unnamed flag?  Because if not and I enable auto-naming on tor26 I'll stop
> listing about 150 routers for using names that are already taken.

That shouldn't be a problem ; the v2 status is generated pretty
independently from the v3 consensus.  I think it's best to leave v2
directories more or less alone and reserve new features for the v3
directory system only.

--
Nick Mathewson