Research problem: adaptive throttling of Tor clients by entry guards

Looking for a paper topic (or a thesis topic)? Here's a Tor research area
that needs more attention. The short version is: if we prevent the really
loud users from using too much of the Tor network, how much can it help?

We've instrumented Tor's entry relays so they can rate-limit connections
from users, and we've instrumented the directory authorities so they can
change the rate-limiting parameters globally across the network. Which
parameter values improve performance for the Tor network as a whole? How
should relays adapt their rate-limiting parameters based on their capacity
and based on the network load they see, and what rate-limiting algorithms
will work best?

We'd love to work with you to help answer these questions.

Read more here:
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/research-problem-adaptive-throttling-tor-clients-entry-guards

--Roger