Re: [tor-relays] Newly configured relay questions

Sir,

That was it.  Didn't even check it when I brought it online, I figured
the EC2 image just had setup the defaults for a non-exit relay.  I'll
be more vigilant next time and avoid assumptions.

--Conradrock

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 5:23 PM, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 02:22:55PM -0500, Conrad Rockenhaus wrote:
>> I brought a new non-exit relay online:
>>
>> ec2bridgerocks001 D06C B145 56C1 F73A F317 B555 C279 2F7B 105C 95B4
>>
>> It's been operational for 6 days now, Tor has been reporting bandwidth
>> usage, but when I try to look for it in the TorStatus page, it's not
>> listed.  I'm operating this relay on EC2 and I've opened all the usual
>> ports.
>
> It sounds very much like you're running a bridge relay, not a public
> relay:
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/bridges
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#RelayOrBridge
>
>> I've also checked the Tor metric portal, can't find it there either.
>>
>> So, I'm wondering - is there something I missed in the configuration?
>> The torrc is pretty much the default EC2 one.
>>
>> Thank you I appreciate any thoughts/assistance.
>
> It's probably the 'bridgerelay 1' in your torrc that is doing it.
>
> That said, running a public relay on EC2 is quite expensive, since
> Amazon's prices for bandwidth are not competitive.
>
> --Roger

Conrad Rockenhaus

http://www.rockenhaus.com/
http://www.lagparty.org/~conradr/