Re: [tor-relays] Relay / Bridge

I apologize for the delay in responding, getting ready to move to
Texas, but anyway.  My original intention was to run one EC2 as a
public relay and another as a bridge, subject to bandwidth throttling,
however, after thinking about it for about a day (I saw your email
last night) I realized that a bridge that is bandwidth throttling
might be more useful than a public relay that is bandwidth throttling.

So I'll fix it this evening, unless there's a reason not to.

Thanks.

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM, Roger Dingledine <arma@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 01, 2013 at 10:32:09PM +0100, Sebastian Urbach wrote:
>> Your system is now lsted:
>>
>> ec2bridgerocks001
>>
>> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/50855F45464DBE84E917B0ED74E2144E785BA024
>
> It appears that you're running a *relay* on EC2?
>
> With a nickname implying that you think it's a bridge?
>
> Making it a public relay might be more expensive than you are expecting.
>
> Did you have to reconfigure it manually to be a public relay, or was
> this an easy-to-make accident?
>
> --Roger

Conrad Rockenhaus

http://www.rockenhaus.com/