[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
[tor-relays] Re: Family-ID for bridges
- To: tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: [tor-relays] Re: Family-ID for bridges
- From: Alexander Hansen Færøy via tor-relays <tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2026 16:51:26 +0200
- Cc: Alexander Hansen Færøy <ahf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <2284937.Mh6RI2rZIc@t520>
- List-id: "support and questions about running Tor relays (exit, non-exit, bridge)" <tor-relays.lists.torproject.org>
- References: <2284937.Mh6RI2rZIc@t520>
- Reply-to: "support and questions about running Tor relays (exit, non-exit, bridge)" <tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird
Hello!
On 12/09/2026 19.27, boldsuck via tor-relays wrote:
I'm unsure whether I should apply a "Family key" to my bridges.
I just spoke with Mike about this topic. For now, our advice is for operators to
split their families into two: one family for their bridges and one family for
their non-bridge relays (guard, middle, and exit nodes).
We plan to relax the restrictions we currently apply to our path selection
algorithms. This topic is described in proposal #354[1], and we are actively
seeking funding to fix it in Arti and our bridge distribution services.
Cheers,
Alex
[1]: https://spec.torproject.org/proposals/354-relaxed-restrictions.html
--
Alexander Hansen Færøy
_______________________________________________
tor-relays mailing list -- tor-relays@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe send an email to tor-relays-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx