Re: Tor as a component of a cohesive anonymizing OS

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 10:29:31PM +0100, Adam Langley wrote:
> On 4/18/05, Chris Palmer <chris@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > We probably want to write our own HTTP proxy designed to work well
> > > with Tor*.
> > Why re-do all that work? Why not just modify Privoxy or some other
> > pre-existing HTTP proxy?
>
> I didn't mean to suggest that the two were mutually exclusive. Writing
> one's own proxy might involve large chunks of a preexisting proxy or
> not.

As a starting point, I offer "edgeproxy", which is the HTTP proxy that I
wrote (i.e., derived from one of the Perl Cookbook examples) in order to
address the needs of Blossom (HTTP Host field substitution, also munging tags
like A and IMG).  It is not much, and it only deals with GET and POST
requests at present, but it might be worth a look.

http://afs.eecs.harvard.edu/user/goodell/etc/edgeproxy

Geoff