Re: Importance of HTTP connection keep-alive

> With http://www.kde.org/screenshots/:

So according to this test, this page downloads roughly two times
faster through Polipo/tor than through Privoxy/tor, right?

> I also tested with another website (http://www.spiegel.de/):

This test is not representative: this is an HTTP/1.0 site.  There are
fortunately very few of these left nowadays.

(Interesting that you should have chosen to test with this particular site.)

> Privoxy may have had a slight advantage here, because by removing
> three tracking pixels it had to do three requests less.

And notwithstanding the fact that you so carefully crafted this test
to advantage Privoxy, Polipo/tor was still 13% faster?

> It certainly looks like keep-alive's effects aren't big enough to
> guarantee faster web browsing through Tor, though.

I guess there's no point in continuing this discussion, then.

                                        Juliusz