Re: "Your system clock just jumped" on Debian+VMware ESX

     On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:44:25 -0700 Lucky Greeen <shamrock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>Lucky Green wrote:
>> I am seeing the following errors in the Tor log:
>>
>> [...]
>> Feb 28 04:54:43.008 [notice] Your system clock just jumped 4398 seconds
>> backward; assuming established circuits no longer work.
>> Feb 28 04:54:46.020 [notice] Your system clock just jumped 4399 seconds
>> forward; assuming established circuits no longer work.
>> [...]
>
>How to fix this issue
>==============
>After extensive testing, I have been able to confirm that the following
>fix will put an end to the clock jump errors when using Debian Etch on
>VMware ESX: simply add "notsc" to your kernel line in /boot/grub/menu.lst

   [remainder deleted  --SJB]
     Thanks for the information.  I will keep it in mind in the event that
I ever run VMware.  The messages I've been getting, however, do not involve
backward jumps, just forward jumps, and do not stem from any sort of VM
software because I'm not running any VM software at present.  (None seems
to work on my system anyway.)

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG