[GSoC] Torflow question.

Hello All,

I just wanted to ask if there is anybody working on a GSoC application for
Tor (Tor Exit Scanner improvements especially) already, and, if not,
what do you think about proposing a rewrite of Torflow Perl files (soat.pl,
speedracer.pl and stream-server.pl) into Python?

I know that the exact project is rather about improvements than rewriting,
but I don't think that I will be able to do it all in three months (one of the
reasons is that I haven't coded in Perl for a few years now; all I got
is a few Perl books and spaghetti-flashbacks of my Perl code ;-)).
What I would like to do is to rewrite files mentioned above and add
HTML parser to it (possibly Beautiful Soup).

I have already submitted two applications. First is for Google (my own
sociological project; I guess it won't make it), and second is for Python
Software Foundation (patching bugs from the Bug Tracker).
The sociological thing is a priority for me, but I am not too optimistic about
its acceptance.
Patching bugs for Python is OK, but PSF is a crowded place and it is hard
to get any feedback from PSF mentors as they are overloaded with apps,
I guess.

So, if there still is a place to fill, please, let me know.

Thank you for your time!

Regards,
Wojtek Walczak