[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Privoxy: Can it forward/not forward based on ports?
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Privoxy: Can it forward/not forward based on ports?
- From: "Michael_google gmail_Gersten" <keybounce@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 22:30:28 -0700
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 01:30:38 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=PMEbFCpNYQ4egm+lAr6qAZs8zS/+5IZ4zeBKxm4JGxA=; b=Usz1AwT1X+sORUV3QUugqb6yZPwaK3t4u1+4YS5S1iMcZPIVT9yEIwst+WZ6fbe3ulG4Vca+Z2adFq9sFfnFmvq94SUFDSr27YLQ7rIQhn+WPA7/iDJDAouLW2lgr6NDTlL2AVSQvyb1YkASHCMEel8dOv4JSsWhlMsB4sFIorQ=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=maqwK+gSgEpohYg+fGGPccB+jQyFFaYK9DhgJ7by0vYgTaWlAHwbq+yozC4csbS2iaDrcYLruJhxC558JAZDORvsfQH3BbeSZJ76qFSnMeX51u5pVLmB2Xw3/D6LwXbuqiL2O8kHqjkF4dXfNnc/n04Ctq3drASjuwfq99ZRrvw=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I know privoxy can choose to forward or not forward based on hostname.
But what about host specific ports?
Specifically, if I'm talking to a Google server on 443 (https), can it
be let through without going through Tor?
I figure that it's already encrypted, and anyone interested in me will
already know that I use Google, so tor gives me protection from none
of: Privacy from snooping ISP, traffic analysis, website can't track
Docs.google.com -- spreadsheets, etc -- is horribly slow with Tor and
Privoxy. Gmail keeps sending me warnings about invalid return codes.
But normal google search queries I still want to torify to defeat