[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
Re: [GSoC] Overall Network Status ...
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [GSoC] Overall Network Status ...
- From: "Kasimir Gabert" <kasimir.g@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 08:35:33 -0600
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 10:35:44 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=AId2cb+eAohlSpCxT8EEjL+taoAPA71v1IB0kuOQIKE=; b=smS0EH4Gip5nThDG1IJDDUrP1J14RpyxzIv9dYSTZiAuZZZ5fMxRxeny1jiU4iLlPfcrnyPS+rHyWBBhuoa86iskfwrtIH9wnj6oBmwYUeqgppBenm9oMO3xv9Uewn+3gnanFS91EV/6AIxJtpVqtDqu0A9UrjzCXKpx/PU2BYY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=mjtgeKIIbHOemf875L+k2UCBqxiLBt5dez9Osx4O72pqkiVi4hdMJkP1eY2KwlOo/y5vnIq8b59jPqLODsb70ddtLejosCAbZKiXatp2swOfC1N2KBBIvL0zbC9joAk8BY99PagOST6sKlXNCDCq3tDd5lxRyF3/EyJZn8LA+mg=
- In-reply-to: <47F8DB83.2080003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- References: <47F8DB83.2080003@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Martin Mulazzani,
I am glad that you have decided to help working on the overall network
status. Something that you might want to consider, however, would be
to implement your idea directly into TorStatus. This will help keep
the display of the routers and information about them in one form,
even though it is mirrored enough to keep the redundancy. TorStatus
is completely open source, and can be checked out through Freehaven's
svn: https://tor-svn.freehaven.net/svn/torstatus/trunk/ This will also
remove any delay between updating the stats and retrieving them, and
will not put an unnecessary strain on one of the, or even several of
the mirrors, as well as start you out with a mirror base.
Let me know what your thoughts are!
On Sun, Apr 6, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Martin Mulazzani
> Hi all!
> I want to take care of the "Overall Network Status" project for the
> Google Summer of Code 2008. By automated collecting & merging the
> available information related to the network health I would like to
> calculate statistical values of importance, like arithmetic mean of
> uptime, bandwith, number of exit nodes, and many more ...
> The full proposal can be found here:
> I'm open for feedback & comments on my proposal.
> Kind regards, Martin Mulazzani