seeking advice on configuring Tor/Vidalia to run as relay on ubuntu 7.10 [gutsy]

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:11 AM Rochester TOR Admin wrote:

>Just the obvious suggestion if you haven't already, don't use the
ubuntu repositories because they
are slow to update their version.

this was one of my concerns so i worked from the shell to get a more
up to date version, infact the whole install/config i did from the
shell (which i think i will use the most from now on)

> I've never used vidalia on linux because I didn't have the need.

I'm realising the same thing myself now (although i like the gui on
vidalia for entertainment value)!

my only concern is that i used the libevent version (1.3b) from the
ubuntu repositories which is a little outdated now (i hope this will
not create any problems) so will upgrade that next time i upgrade the
tor version.

apart from that i was happy with the install! along with learning
linux in more depth i would like to make GnuPG my next project.

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:18 AM F.Fox wrote:

> Yay, Windowsfree! =:o)

yes!!!