[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
seeking advice on configuring Tor/Vidalia to run as relay on ubuntu 7.10 [gutsy]
- To: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: seeking advice on configuring Tor/Vidalia to run as relay on ubuntu 7.10 [gutsy]
- From: "john smith" <d1nqf0s4vg9wk5ilq@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 22:01:18 +0100
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 17:01:24 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; bh=qHsXa9BreT2RtvU9WuqT22nIZoVSNMEh0U8hfJYv/MU=; b=f2nGlFj+ZTTBsUxH303a/NbenWyrX6/QOyqUcU3gf6+o1kBCyxDtPjCSsI6uThKgQJONRHog0ff17Yw/8ORrEWI+9hkEe98MWFZd+zUhmbLfZFV2RurqRhI/g3UgobRtuElNKzjNj/H8odqeji9EzMWEfpUcpvO7yTS4G2WYdjE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=DTL52OIy/pcNSK2JaA0hv0GKXy+/ZHMXUdlm32N2/CoJnDd8hR/m6mx4QfuF4A2kU/Qemx9HDI/5vg7y4y+E/ct5CUBNXE1UQqIw+TC8BbotIMsVaOL1d/7KXmK96awugUioc81jCJOJVpQYDxooxNBJvQ/jwDchTs7yUB4zGsk=
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 1:11 AM Rochester TOR Admin wrote:
>Just the obvious suggestion if you haven't already, don't use the
ubuntu repositories because they
are slow to update their version.
this was one of my concerns so i worked from the shell to get a more
up to date version, infact the whole install/config i did from the
shell (which i think i will use the most from now on)
> I've never used vidalia on linux because I didn't have the need.
I'm realising the same thing myself now (although i like the gui on
vidalia for entertainment value)!
my only concern is that i used the libevent version (1.3b) from the
ubuntu repositories which is a little outdated now (i hope this will
not create any problems) so will upgrade that next time i upgrade the
apart from that i was happy with the install! along with learning
linux in more depth i would like to make GnuPG my next project.
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:18 AM F.Fox wrote:
> Yay, Windowsfree! =:o)