tor path length

Hi all,

I've setup a private Tor network to do some testing on. I'm trying
to find out how to change the default path length to a client specified
value. I'm interested in both values less and greater than the default.

If anyone can point me to the documentation that would be great.
I did notice the attribute 'NumEntryGuards NUM' but don't think that is
what I need.

Is this hardcoded into the executable? Will I have to modify the source
to allow this?

thanks.

-skaoth-