Re: clock jump error persists into 0.2.0.25-rc

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 02:43:08PM -0500, bennett@xxxxxxxxxx wrote 4.6K bytes in 52 lines about:
:      I compiled and installed 0.2.0.25-rc to try it out, and I'm sad to write,
: it still has the "clock jump" problem and isn't usable:

I'm starting to think this is some interaction between your hardware and
Tor.  I setup a freebsd 6.3-stable server on my private tor network.  It
hasn't experienced this clock jumping problem.  The hardware is a quad
xeon with HT enabled, specifically, "Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz".  I
built my own tor from source.

I may put it online in the real tor network and see if things change.
As of right now, I can't replicate the problem, so I can't suggest a
fix.  Perhaps run with debug logs for a bit or truss tor to see what's
going on when Tor says the clock jumps.

--
Andrew