[Author Prev][Author Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Author Index][Thread Index]
tor with OpenDNS as default DNS, using Firefox+FoxyProxy
- To: or-Talk Mailinglist <or-talk@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: tor with OpenDNS as default DNS, using Firefox+FoxyProxy
- From: Tripple Moon <tripple.moon@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 17:48:45 -0700 (PDT)
- Delivered-to: archiver@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk-outgoing@xxxxxxxx
- Delivered-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxx
- Delivery-date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 20:55:29 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1238892525; bh=rS9ZQzeAhStL5ekHpdjwO2l/d1vsun5pF25Q83chbg4=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=s7zlpk4pnEoZ21ShAt5bHJH66oN0F9v1PpUih6LkzCsFWUr5g4yJzQb9rKtJbsqE4oNHbhOMcOC2DQnLyhDcTBh3JgcuA8QnilYOHWAJSRVSQxG+wh4KXuWAyD9ti5asGMaskA9ivsVVavjlZw1csWdyQBwL1V+Wr7BvIAlG+8E=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=OgsCO6G/MlCB++ZhgTgUz/cE4FoxQN2lgD31uQvFEC8gETObpdHzf1Dub0lfPwEpTKheJEBPV7SFoOKqJpVF5KVVFB4Fz28Ovxm4wcB9pVguyM0aMKfj9P0QPPLimKjwML29keeQMCMylmayenywrwH+JA/qqBJOWYiIW1qkj7A=;
- Reply-to: or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-or-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is my 1st posting to this list but nevertheless ill start straight away with a question/problem if you all don't mind :)
The scenario i want to accomplish is:
Using the tor network while DNS queries are resolved using the DNS-servers of OpenDNS without tor complaining with warnings about client supplying only IP-addresses.
What i have done sofar is:
1) I have setup my firefox to use FoxyProxy to contact tor on my localmachine 127.0.0.1 on its default 9050 port as socks proxy.
I have _disabled_ "Use socks proxy for DNS lookups".
My scenario-goal works but, this gives the very annoying warning messages, which btw are ofcourse totally to be expected in this case.
2) Same as (1) but this time have _enabled_ "Use socks proxy for DNS lookups".
My scenario-goal does _not_ work because the DNS queries are resolved by the tor-exit point.
3) Same as (2) but this time i used the follwing config options in torrc:
'ServerDNSResolvConfFile C:\Program Files\Tor\resolv.conf' and 'ServerDNSDetectHijacking 0'
With the OpenDNS servers, correctly, listed in the 'resolv.conf' file.
My scenario-goal does _still_not_ work because the DNS queries are still seemingly resolved by the tor-exit point.
So uhmm....Anyone have any ideas how i can accomplish my scenario-goal?