Re: Declining traffic

     On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:42:25 -0500 Jon <torance.ca@xxxxxxxxx> top-posted:
>I came across this info which may be related or not about the possible
>botnets. There is a new P2P botnet forming. The Trojan it uses is '
>Heloag ' .
>
>this is the url that gives info about it:
>
>http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/new-p2p-botnet-forming-041310?utm_source=
>=3DThreatpost+Spotlight+Email&utm_medium=3DEmail+Marketing+-+CRM+List&utm_c=
>ampaign=3DThreatpost+Spotlight&CID=3D
>

>this is the short url:   http://threatpost.com/en_us/OTQ

     Hmmm...doesn't look like the same thing to me.  What I saw were several
hits per second, sometimes up to 10 or 20 per second, on all sorts of port
numbers and coming from IP addresses all over the place.  There is no malware
running on my FreeBSD system (unless, of course, someone is afflicted with
religious problems over that:-), so this system would not have registered
itself at either of the sites mentioned in the latter article.

                                  Scott Bennett, Comm. ASMELG, CFIAG