Re: [tor-talk] Google disable web-access to gmail for Tor-users?

On 4/2/2011 2:33 PM, katmagic wrote:
Google requires you to be able to receive a text message or phone call to
use a GMail account over Tor. This is unrelated to Torbutton's cookie handling
(which was broken but has since been fixed). Personally, I got a friend on IRC
to let me use his phone for it.
1st I've heard they REQUIRE a phone # to use Gmail over Tor. Anyone else aware this is the only way? I'd bet, from the Google message about "unusual activity," it was because the exit node wasn't in the same country I used when created acct.

Can you expand a little of Torbutton's cookie handling being fixed? Again, I'm using TB 1.3.2a.
What are the criteria for TB to allow a site to set cookies?